Communications and Program Coordinator – Job Announcement
The Western Museums Association (WMA) seeks a Communications & Program Coordinator to develop a range communications, manage programs, and help plan/execute the Annual Meeting (conference). This full-time position (40 hours per week) primarily works remotely (by telecommuniting) and requires travel 3-4 times per year. The Communications & Program Coordinator reports to the Executive Director, and also provides administrative and logistical support for the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in museum studies preferred
• 1–2 years of marketing or communications experience
• Experience with Photoshop and/or In Design preferred
• Association and conference production experience preferred
• Previous experience telecommuting preferred
• Demonstrated interest in museums and professional development
The Communications & Program Coordinator position requires developing marketing materials and creating new, value-added content for WMA member communications—excellent writing, communication, and design skills required. Desired applicants are highly focused museum professionals that are self-directed, collaborative, and who have excellent time management skills. This is an exempt position with a competitive salary. Download the complete job description HERE.
Serious applicants, please send a cover letter and resume to Jason B. Jones, WMA Executive Director, at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until Friday, September 18, 2015.