Nevada Museum Advocacy Day
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Nevada Legislature, 401 S. Carson Street, Carson City
Call to Action
The Nevada Museums Association urges Nevada museum professionals and champions of culture from across the state to participate in Museum Advocacy Day. The event raises awareness of contributions made by all Nevada museums and demonstrates that museums represent good investments for a better future. Museum Advocacy Day brings advocates together for the strongest voice and takes our message directly to legislators.
How you can participate:
- Join us in Carson City! The activities for the day include a "Museum Advocacy Breakfast" for legislators 7:15 a.m. - 9 a.m. and "Museums Matter" informational booth from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Send brochures or materials from your museum for the booth
- Ask your legislator to allow you to accompany him/her on the floor of the Legislature on April 9th
- Print and hand out this flyer about the impact of Nevada's museums
- Use the tags #museumsmatter and #nvmuseums on your social media. Check out this tweet sheet for ideas.
For questions regarding the breakfast, contact Peter Barton - email@example.com
To join us at the booth or to send brochures and materials, contact Dawn Barraclough -firstname.lastname@example.org